The Office of the Future – Top 5 Design Themes
A few years following the COVID-19 lockdowns, empty offices, and a mostly remote work force, we’re finally seeing a shift in people coming back to the office. However, the office environment is not what it used to be. As demographics shift from the typical 9-to-5 schedule, the office of the future is about accommodating and caring for hybrid employees while focusing on technology, collaboration and restorative spaces.
What’s In Store For The Office of The Future?
From our firsthand experience working with our customers, we have recognized the following 5 themes which have been highlighted in a recent Haworth® article about the office of the future.
- Technology – The focus of office technology is heading towards supporting individuals performing activities in multiple spaces throughout the office. Every space will need to adapt to virtual presence as well as acoustics and data access.
- Restorative Spaces – As the day-to-day work has become more complex, there’s a greater need for opportunities and spaces for people to take a break and recover from stress and mental fatigue.
- Space Usage – There is a transition happening towards more group interaction and collaborative spaces and less individual work, which directly impacts how office spaces are designed and used.
- Collaboration – Since we’ve learned that work happens in a variety of settings, the office is now the center of connection and culture requiring more group spaces to make these connections instead of being in an assigned seat all day.
- Humanizing – Commercial spaces have become far more human, providing opportunities for personal and cultural expression as well as supporting health and safety through access to healthier foods and cleaner spaces.
These topics are crucial for employers and the future of their office, especially as younger generations place more emphasis on the working environment and office space in addition to salary and other job benefits.
At Bellia Interiors, our goal is not only to provide you with a beautiful office space, but to also understand your primary business drivers and how we can assist you in achieving your objectives from start to finish. Through a variety of services such as return on investment analysis and relocation services to customized space planning and furniture selections – we can deliver the future office you’ve been looking for.
Reach out and request your workspace evaluation today! We look forward to making your office work for you and your employees!